Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 error dialog (Oracle 10g, Win XP)
Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 error dialog [message #540992] Thu, 26 January 2012 23:03 Go to next message
sandeepgujje
Hi All,

I am using Oracle 10g server and Oracle forms on the same system. Everything seems to be ok while I'm runnig SQL quries in SQL*plus and Oracle Developer suite is working fine while creating forms (it is able to connect to the db to create the form layout - with scott/tiger)..

The problem is coming when I am runnig forms(I've initiated the listener).. It is giving ORA-12560:TNS:PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR,

I've read many posts in many forums.. but no joy.

and I've tried
1. replacing tnsnames.ora in DevSuite by Oracle DB tnsnames.ora file
2. The Oracle SID is orcl for both homes (Oracle DB and DevSuite)
3. setting TNS_ADMIN to tnsnames.ora file path(DevSuite)
4. Started all oracle services in services.msc
5. tried with SYSTEM user

Still I'm getting the same error : ora-12560

When I'm trying to use SCOTT/TIGER@ORCL it is giving ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified..

Can you please tell me what I've to do here..
Happy to provide more information to resolve this

Thanks in Advance..!

Re: Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 message while running [message #540995 is a reply to message #540992] Fri, 27 January 2012 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeepgujje
I need it in urgent, can anyone help me out, please..
Re: Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 message while running [message #541004 is a reply to message #540995] Fri, 27 January 2012 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure I understood what you are saying.

What do you have on your computer? Is it Developer Suite 10g (if that's what you call "Oracle forms") and Oracle database 10g (if that's what you call "Oracle 10g server")?

So you can use SQL*Plus and create forms in Forms Developer. For example, while connecting to SQL*Plus, this is your command at the operating system command prompt:
sqlplus scott/tiger
No database specified, i.e. no
sqlplus scott/tiger@db_alias
Is that correct?

Now, a problem:
Quote:
The problem is coming when I am runnig forms(I've initiated the listener).. It is giving ORA-12560:TNS:PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR

What are you trying to do? What would you like to have, as a result? If you are trying to deploy application on the web, then you need to install and configure iAS which runs Forms (and Reports) services which run your application. As far as I understood, you didn't install iAS, did you? I can't speak from my own experience as I never had to configure it, but - from what I heard - it is not a simple task. Note that your computer should be powerful enough to run both database server and application server!

Anyway: this might be a document you should follow: Oracle Application Server Forms Services - Deployment Guide 10g (9.0.4)You might need to use another document if your version differs from the one I posted.

Finally, as of the last error message you mentioned (ORA-12154) while using
sqlplus scott/tiger@orcl
Are you sure that there's ORCL database in your TNSNAMES.ORA file?
Re: Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 message while running [message #541094 is a reply to message #541004] Fri, 27 January 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeepgujje
thanks for your quick responce,

yes, I hav Oracle Developer Suite 10g and Oracle Database 10g on my computer

and yes, I can able to connect to SQL*Plus with scott/tiger (not with scott/tiger@db_alias)

but after changing the Developer Suite tnsnames.ora file as that of the Oracle Database I can able to run the form in Internet Explorer.

Thanks for your guidance.....
Re: Oracle Forms not running and giving ora-12560 message while running [message #541095 is a reply to message #541094] Fri, 27 January 2012 09:36 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You should use the TNS_ADMIN registry setting to ensure you only need one copy of tnsnames.ora
Previous Topic: Refresh Tree After DML operation
Next Topic: running a form requires login [merged 2 by jd]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 06:05:18 CDT 2024