Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Update in master-detail set up
Update in master-detail set up [message #467714] Mon, 26 July 2010 19:21 Go to next message
coolguy01
Hi all,
I have 2 blocks which share a master detail relation and have created the ON_CHECK_DELETE_MASTER and ON_POPULATE_DETAILS triggers. Whenever i insert a record in parent table a corresponding recoed gets entered for the child table too. That works fine. Now both the parent and child table share some common columns. The problem is if someone updated a record in parent table i need the similar column in the child table also to be updated.

For ex id the name column is common between parent n child ,if i update the name in the record of the parent i need it to get updated in the child as well. How can i achieve this?
Re: Update in master-detail set up [message #467737 is a reply to message #467714] Tue, 27 July 2010 00:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to use a "child" item's "Copy Value from Item" and/or "Synchronize with Item" properties?
Previous Topic: How to read values in a multi record control block using Pre-insert trigger (block level)
Next Topic: How to create the file in %TEMP% directory?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:25:39 CDT 2024